Stopping by....

and realizing that I really don't want to let go of this thing that I (sorta) have going on here. I didn't delete the blog, as you see, and being an Aries of a most stubborn disposition, I'm going to try my best to keep this flagging little blog alive. (Aries energy very angry right now...she doesn't like having her plans displaced by something so flighty as wonky internet.)

So...new year,  new....what? Resolutions? I will be the first to admit I suck at those, and the very best of my intentions get lost by the wayside. I have decided this year to only affirm what it is I already do: continue to focus on my writing, practice Reiki, study further into the fields of alternative healing, and, as I stated on my Reiki page, accept. Accept that I'm not perfect, accept that I can change who I am, though the change will be both gradual and painful, and accept that not everything will EVER work out the way I want it to. And that's fine.
These three books you see here are indispensable to me. Caitlin Matthews' Celtic Devotional is an incredible book, guiding one through one's day with prayer and affirmation; her Celtic Spirit is a daybook of meditations to dwell on while you go about your daily round (or sleep on, I suppose; I read mine in the morning and write about my overall impressions in my journal at night). The Goddess Companion by the late, much loved Patricia Monaghan is another daybook, this focused on the Goddess path, but laid out in a similar fashion to the Celtic Spirit. These, with a daily Tarot reading (three-card spread: Mind-Body-Spirit) help keep me grounded, focused on where I want to be and who I wish to be. To my daily reading of these books, I've added meditation and Reiki, asking for mental clarity. Am I lost? No. But I am seeking some kind of fulfillment, spiritual in nature I feel, and the best way to find that is to look within. I don't expect that I will like everything I find, and that's fine. It all circles back to accepting who I am. And we all need quite a bit more of that.
Namaste, dear readers. Namaste, and Blessed Be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ellie@Home 2020 Summer Reading List

Beauty for Your September Morning...

Carrying On