Cookbook Mania Redux

I am sad to say Susie Middleton's Fresh From the Farm was a surprising disappointment. I didn't find any new recipes; many were from The Fresh and Green Table, and more surprisingly, the format was just bizarre: the pages were too busy, as the stories she included in the cookbook were printed in the margins. It was hard to focus on the reading when there was so much happening on the page: photos, recipes, back story... If you're a Middleton fan it's worth buying, I suppose, but I'm not adding it to my collection.


Giada De Laurentiis' Weeknights With Giada is a bigger success; I've got my eye on a few of the recipes for dinner next week. Updates will follow!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ellie@Home 2020 Summer Reading List

Beauty for Your September Morning...

Carrying On