Myddfai Reiki: Face Mapping....is it real?

Your face is an insight into what is going on in your body. You will be surprised to find that redness, dry patches or Acne can be directly attributed to the inner workings of your body. Face Mapping has been around forever but you may not have heard about it. Scroll our post to view how your skin can give you a very good understanding of your internal health and possible problems!Face MappingAccording to Ayurvedic tradition and ancient Chinese medicine, various parts of our body surface reflect our inner health,  The face map is a way of examining which acne or skin problem is caused by what. Where we break out, rash, wrinkle, or get dry skin can help identify the cause so that you can start to take corrective action. As always, be sure to consult your health practitioner if problems persist.

(from The WHOot: thewhoot.com)

   Most people I know all agree, when they get stressed, their face breaks out. And for myself, pretty much all of my breakouts are around my mouth, chin, and nose. I did notice a significant drop in them when I cut back on dairy, but I think this was related to the fact that I am lactose intolerant. Now that I know what kind of dairy I can eat without causing stomach issues (and the breakouts linked to consuming something I shouldn't) my skin has somewhat calmed down, but I still have pretty significant acne. Is Face Mapping a good guide to sleuthing out the issues behind your skin problems? I would say yes, but keep in mind that you are not a doctor. (...unless you are, then by all means, diagnose away...but still get a second opinion.) Make some small changes as you are able to safely, but if you have serious issues or side affects, go see your regular care provider. At best, I think Face Mapping is a conversation-starter, and if you have a good doctor (or Nurse Practitioner), they will be glad you asked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ellie@Home 2020 Summer Reading List

Beauty for Your September Morning...

Carrying On