Ellie's Kitchen: Vegetarian Butter Chicken Stuffed Peppers With Mint Yogurt...though I'm not sure Gramma Ellie would have eaten this....

Tara from Suburble.com has some fabulous recipe ideas. Such as this one, that I will be making for dinner tomorrow, because it looks (and sounds!) great. I've never had butter chicken; my experience with Indian food is limited to the dal that I make and the one FABULOUS trip to India House Restaurant in Northampton, Mass that my husband and I took on our last wedding anniversary. (I am longing to return.) While I wait for that magical day to come again, I'll satisfy myself with food like this.

Vegetarian Butter Chicken Stuffed Peppers with Minted Sour Cream
 
Ingredients
  • 3-4 medium sized bell peppers, with top 1/5th removed, including stem and seeds
  • 2 cups cooked rice
  • 1 package Patak's Butter Chicken for Two
  • 1 can of chick peas, rinsed and drained
  • 1 medium onion, minced
  • 1 cup of plain greek yogurt
  • 3-4 sprigs of mint, finely minced
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
  2. In a saucepan over medium, saute the onions and chickpeas until onions are translucent
  3. At the same time, boil a pot of water big enough to submerge the peppers
  4. Boil peppers for 5 minutes and then remove and turn upside down in order to drain
  5. Once onion is cooked, add rice and Butter Chicken sauce
  6. Saute for five minutes
  7. Place peppers into a baking dish, fill with butter chicken mixture
  8. Bake for 15 minutes
  9. While baking, mix mint with yogurt and put aside
  10. Finish peppers with a healthy dollop of yogurt and a sprig of mint, if you're fancy like that!

Does anyone have a favorite Indian dish? I'd love to check it out. Leave me a message in the comments. Thanks!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ellie@Home 2020 Summer Reading List

Beauty for Your September Morning...

Carrying On