I used chicken breast, and swapped basil for the tarragon, but otherwise didn't play around with it.
Pan Roasted Chicken with Peach Blueberry Sauce Recipe
IngredientsFor the Chicken:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon, or parisian bonnes herbes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 peaches, peeled, pit removed and diced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- pinch sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the Chicken:
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In an oven proof skillet, heat olive oil over high heat until shimmering.
- Season chicken skin evenly with herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place chicken thighs skin side down in skillet.
- Cook 10 minutes until skin is crisp and golden.
- Place pan in the preheated oven and bake 15 minutes until cooked through.
For the Sauce:
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add peaches and cook 3 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add blueberries, cook another 2 minutes.
- Stir in sugar, tarragon and salt.
- Serve hot over chicken.