Carrying On

     Hello and Happy Tuesday! I've been long away: computer issues and then wireless issues have kept me blocked (and increasingly frustrated.) The wireless issues haven't been resolved; I'm pirating a signal (in the most appreciative way possible, I assure you.)


     Much has changed in the last two months here in Ellie's Home. I received a promotion at work, and am working to learn the ins and outs of management and how to best meet the needs of the people I work for. My hours are different, and that has led to changes in home routines, and for my seven year old some of those changes have been rather difficult. Some days Momma didn't get home until after dinner, and there's just enough time to read a book, then he's getting ready for bed. He's used to seeing me for far longer. Usually I pick him up from the sitter's, then we go home, and while he's playing he's in and out of the kitchen checking up on me as I make dinner. His father is home with him when I'm not, and the two of them are best buds, so Little Bit certainly has the attention he needs and wants. But as my husband says, there's nothing quite like having Momma home, and our boy agrees with a giant bear hug.
     More and more I find myself trying to balance everything, and have come to accept that some things just have to fall by the wayside, and maybe not getting into college for this coming fall isn't such a bad thing after all. (There's always next year!) I used to think success was measured by how much I could get done in an allotted amount of time, and while that might be a contributing factor, I now believe that success is truly measured by how well I am taking care of my family amid all of our lifestyle changes.
    Yesterday I left work an hour early so I could take my oldest son to get his new car insured; next up is registration. (My god, I can't believe he's old enough to drive.) This weekend I'm taking my daughter shopping for a graduation dress. (My god, I can't believe she's old enough to graduate.) Somewhere in between my regular work hours, the 40-minute drives to and from work, and these few extra trips I also need to schedule doctors' and dentists' appointments, haircuts, figure out what Little Bit is doing this summer (new work hours mean Momma can't bring him to day camp, and Big Brother is working full-time...), get a garden planted, and try to get back on my housekeeping schedule, because my entire house, not just the living room, looks like a bomb went off. It's scary, not to mention disheartening.
     I need to remind myself of the words of the mystic Julian of Norwich, and continue to carry on as best I can. I share her words here, so if you too are struggling to be, oh, everything, you can read them, take a breath, and realize you really are on the right track after all.


'All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.'


~ Many blessings ~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ellie@Home 2020 Summer Reading List

Beauty for Your September Morning...

Carrying On