What's Up @Home?

Hello Friends,


   As seems to be my habit, I have been long away. All of my daily tasks tend to turn into a whirlwind of whatever, and my poor blog is always the first thing to be sacrificed. So what's up @Home, anyway?
   September 4 I started studying Business Administration at Bay Path University. My concentration is in Strategic Human Resource Management. I was promoted to Human Resource Manager in April, and by July I realized I had found my niche. My first love will always be Literature, but I have found myself in a career I enjoy and want to stay in. Bachelor of Science, here I come! (Well, in 2019, anyway)
   Session I went well. One of my classes, 'Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders,' was both insightful and fun. This session I'm working on business law and marketing principles. Dry. As. Dust. (Sorry Professors!) The semesters are broken down into three six-week sessions, two classes each session. Twelve weeks of classes squashed into six. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go mad long before spring 2019.
   I have also signed up with the e-zine Eternal Haunted Summer (https://eternalhauntedsummer.com/) as a book reviewer, and have applied to be an editor for Bella Online (http://www.bellaonline.com/). I have finished reading Danu Forest's excellent book Gwyn Ap Nudd and my review will be in the winter issue of Eternal Haunted Summer. I won't find out if my application for the 'Work and Family' editor at Bella Online has been accepted for another couple weeks. I'll share an update as soon as I know. I also managed a belated post to SageWoman and still managed to get all of my Session I classwork done on time.
   I always seem to be most productive when I have a pile of stuff to do. It was the same in high school and my previous college years. I also seem to get the most done at work on days when my desk is lost under a mountain of papers. I have no idea why--maybe the mess inspires me subconsciously: the more I do the faster the mess is gone? And if that is true, why is my house a disaster all the time??(As an aside, my final cumulative grade for Session I was 98.42%, so while my house may be suffering, at least my grades are acceptable.) Maybe I just need to carpe more diem. ...sorry Bay Path...
   For all of the writing I've been doing, I haven't done much creative writing, unless you count a research paper titled The Lost Art of Letters: The Breakdown of Communication in the 21st Century. Creative, but not very exciting. If I can get into the right headspace I may try to compose something to submit to Faerie Magazine. Also, the planned topic for December's Wild Sister is very relatable, and I may try my hand at that as well. Keep your eyes open--I may be popping up in random places!
   I was suddenly going to apologize for that last statement, it seems to smack of hubris. I won't, however. Positive thinking is nothing to apologize for, and I have come to realize that I apologize for far too many things. I will apologize for rudeness and mistakes I make, but beginning here I am done apologizing for having faith in myself.
   It feels like an appropriate time to make this resolution as we have just entered the season of Samhain. In the Pagan calendar, the new year falls on November 1, a fall festival of harvesting, introspection, and planning. The literal harvest is in; now is the time for the metaphysical harvest as well.
   You will see more of this journey as I travel. Perhaps by sharing my own stories (and food, always food!) I can help guide others, and in turn be guided by them. After all, we never stop learning!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ellie@Home 2020 Summer Reading List

Beauty for Your September Morning...

Carrying On