Bucket List?

   I have been having a lot of fun reading the 'Bucket Lists' people have posted on their blogs. It's so interesting to see what people hope or plan to do during the course of their lives, and in many ways inspiring. While bungee jumping over the Amazon may not be of particular interest to me (okay, the thought terrifies me), I definitely admire the spirit of adventure behind it. (Not enough to want to do it myself, but to each their own.)

   All of these amazing and wacky ides got me thinking, so I decided to put together my own Bucket List. It's far from finished, as I know I'll end up adding more to it as time goes by, but here's a start:

* Ride in a hot air balloon (doesn't matter where. Just want to do it!)
* Visit Ireland, Scotland and Wales
* Visit Hawaii
* Visit Puget Sound (I will see orcas in the wild)
* Visit San Francisco
* Visit Nova Scotia
* Visit Spain (practicing my Spanish for when the day arrives!)
* Visit Germany
* Swim with manatees (which means a trip to Florida. Been once. 26 years ago.)
* Do a Color Run (which means yours truly needs to get into shape)
* Do a Glow Run (see above)
* Get to 150 lbs. (Because I am quite a bit more than that, and in order to do the previous two items, I cannot be.)
* Stay 150 lbs. (Because what's the point of getting there only to wave goodbye to it a week later?)
* Own a home (I like my apartment, but...)
* Publish a book (that would be a dream come true!)
* Bicycle through Nantucket (I've heard that that is the best way to sight see.)
* Learn to paint in watercolors
* Learn to sketch (I'm already working on this one. 20 minutes of practice every day. If you use your imagination, you can almost figure out what the drawing is supposed to be.)
* Grow pears (see #14)
* Grow antique roses (#14 again)
* Keep bees (#14 yet again)
* See a show on Broadway
* Learn belly dance (fun and good exercise!)
* Keep chickens (did I mention #14?)
* Complete Nanowrimo at least once
* Visit Greece
* Keep goats (I believe I have something listed at #14?)

   It's becoming rather apparent that I have a bit of wanderlust. And that I want a mini-farm.
What are some things you dream of doing, or places you wish to see? I'd love to know! In the meantime, I'm off to go read up on fancy chickens. (Do you know Frizzles have blue ears, and purr? I must have some.)

Image result for frizzle chicken


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ellie@Home 2020 Summer Reading List

Beauty for Your September Morning...

Carrying On