It's complicated...kind of

     Lasagna and I have a complicated relationship. Maybe it's my lactose intolerance, maybe it's my preferred vegetarianism, but my attempts at making lasagna in the past are agreed-upon disasters. Call me a glutton for punishment, I keep trying. Last night, my persistence (obstinacy) paid off. *happy dance in chair*


   Pintrest yielded a slow cooker recipe that looked like even I in my lasagna-ineptitude could manage, and as I was scheduled to go into work at 4 PM and the man and boys would be looking for dinner right away after a long walk home from Grandma's, last night seemed like a prime opportunity to attempt to not ruin another lasagna dinner.


   My husband texted me raving: the noodles were perfect, the meat wasn't overdone, everything was great, he was on his second helping, and the little boys plowed through their bowls. I ROCK.


   I cannot take all of the credit, however, as I only followed the recipe Lauren from the Tastes Better From Scratch blog posted. Thank you Lauren, for making me able to make lasagna. Needless to say, this recipe is a keeper.


Slow Cooker Lasagna
Prep Time
10 mins
Cook Time
4 hrs
Total Time
4 hrs 10 mins
 
Lasagna just got so much easier with this Slow Cooker Lasagna! Layer everything in the crockpot--even UN-COOKED noodles!
Author: Lauren Allen

Ingredients
  • 1/2 pound ground beef
  • 1/2 pound Italian sausage (I use hot)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 large onion , chopped*
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 2 tablespoons parsley
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 6 oz. can tomato paste
  • 29 oz. can tomato sauce
  • 1 1/4 cups water
  • 8 oz. pkg regular lasagna noodles , uncooked
  • 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Instructions

  1. In a large skillet over medium heat brown the ground beef, Italian sausage and onion. 
  2. Add salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, parsley, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, tomato sauce, sugar, and water. Stir and simmer 15-20 minutes. (You could make the sauce in advance!)
  3. Spread a fourth of the meat sauce into the bottom of your slow cooker. Arrange a third of the noodles over the sauce (break the noodles to fit, if necessary). 
  4. Combine the mozzarella, cottage cheese and parmesan cheese; spoon a third of the mixture over noodles. Repeat layers twice. 
  5. Top with remaining meat sauce and sprinkle with extra mozzarella cheese, if desired.
  6. Cover and cook on low for about 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender.
Recipe Notes
*You could substitute 1-2 Tbsp dried minced onion
 (mine even looked like this!!!)


Yummy yummy yummy!


https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/slow-cooker-lasagna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ellie@Home 2020 Summer Reading List

Beauty for Your September Morning...

Carrying On