Ellie's Kitchen: Red Wine Pasta with Roasted Asparagus and Asiago

I love fabulous dinners that are on the table in 15 minutes. Sadly, I don't know too many. I have a repertoire of several good dinners that take 15 minutes or so, but the nearly-gourmet ones, not so much. (For that you need to talk to my sister. She's a chef. I make her make me food. Often.) However dinners like last nights both look and taste fabulous, and come together so quickly you barely have time to set the table. Here's my take on Rachael Ray's 'Red Wine Linguine':

Red Wine Pasta with Roasted Asparagus and Asiago 

Ingredients
  • 1 pound spaghetti
  • 2 cups red wine
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 1/4 cup EVOO
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2/3 cup shredded Asiago
  • 1 lb asparagus, ends cut, and cut in 1/2
  • You will also need to save 1/3 cup of the cooking liquid before you drain the pasta
Directions
 
       Heat oven to 400; toss cut asparagus with a drizzle of olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Roast asparagus for about 10 minutes (This is about how long the pasta will take.) 
 
     Cook pasta in 2 cups red wine, salt and 4 cups water for 9 minutes; drain, reserving 1/3 cup of cooking liquid. Combine EVOO and lemon juice; toss with pasta and half of Asiago. Top with the roasted asparagus and the rest of the Asiago.
 
My whole household cleared their plates last night, even the six year old and the two year old. Yum yum yum :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ellie@Home 2020 Summer Reading List

Beauty for Your September Morning...

Carrying On