Publishing conundrums...and cookies.

My short story Endurance is getting mixed reviews at FictionMagazines.com....we'll see if it makes the cut for New Realms Magazine. (I thought it was a good story, lol). I've decided to take the plunge and investigate self-publishing through Dorrance Publishing (http://dorrancepublishing.com ). The biggest drawback I can foresee (at present) is the fees. I have no idea what they are going to be, or what the payment process looks like. There's only one way to find out, I suppose. Guy Furpurr is on its way, and we'll see what Dorrance has to say. (Ooo, I'm rhyming again. Time to write some poetry, I guess.) In the meantime, while I wait I'll rampage through my kitchen and make some messes. And cookies.




Orange Hazelnut Bars (from the much-missed For Me Magazine)


2 sticks butter, softened
2/3 c. granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. flour
1 Tbs. grated orange zest
1 c. orange marmalade
1 c. hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips


1:Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2: Line a 13x9 pan with foil; spray with non-stick cooking spray.
3: In a large bowl beat butter, sugar and salt. Add egg and yolk and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
4: Add flour gradually, beat until just blended.
5: Stir in orange zest, mix well.
6: Pat dough evenly in bottom of prepared pan. Prick with a fork.
7: Spread orange marmalade on top of cookie dough to the edges of the dough; sprinkle with hazelnuts.
8: Bake 15 to 20 minutes until edges are light golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
9: To decorate, melt chocolate chips in the microwave as directed. Scrape into a zip-top bag, snip off a corner and pipe melted chocolate on cookie bars. Let set, and cut lengthwise into six strips, then crosswise into 6 strips. Makes 36 bar cookies.


(I've also used Nutella for the drizzle instead...zap in the microwave for a few seconds, then pour from the bowl, drizzling as you go.)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ellie@Home 2020 Summer Reading List

Beauty for Your September Morning...

Carrying On