Welcome to the home of Nicole Kapise-Perkins, author, poet, reader, reviewer, tea drinker, believer in magick and myth, a dreamr that walks through darkly Gothic halls in sweeping skirts seeking mystery, meaning, her cat, and the occasional chocolate biscuit.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
To all my American friends, I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving! And for all my friends from around the world, have a wonderful day. I'll be thinking of you! Much love, Nicole Kapise-Perkins
My English homework for this week is to create a writing prompt, post some readings that support said prompt, and then of course, write something based on that same prompt. I decided to pursue found poems, and then proceeded to go overboard. One of the resulting poems was 4 pages long, with another 2 of reference material (because I had to cite where the lines came form; don't want to be accused of plagiarism!) The other poem was only one page, but as I took lines form my much-loved copy of The Dovekeepers (written by the incomparable Alice Hoffman) I had to remind myself that I was only looking up random lines, not reading the whole book. My search for poets to include as reading sources led me to Carie Juettner's AMAZING website: https://cariejuettner.com/?s=book+title+poems I didn't make my poems this way, but I intend to give this a try as soon as possible! So, without any more preamble, I ...
I have been neglecting you, and I apologize. I am adjusting to yet another work schedule, and trying to find some sort of balance between the work I (have to) do with the work I want to do. It's not working. Please excuse the awful pun. But, all that aside. It's April!! That most beautiful springtime month, month of rain showers, fuzzy green leaf buds, and the first shy violets. (It's also the month of my birthday, which may explain my affinity.) However, it is also National Poetry Month! (Readers know how much I love poetry. New readers will learn.) Carl Sandburg(1878-1967), Illinois poet, folksinger, and biographer of Abraham Lincoln, has always been more admired by the public than by the critics. And that is as he would wish, for he said of himself "I am the people - the mob - the crowd - the mass." Before his death, the former hobo had won almost every prize a writer can receive. In Good Morning, America (1928), he wrote thirty-eight definitions of p...
Here it is, my very first book! I am so excited to be able to share it with all of you, and hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it! You can find it on Amazon, and if you read it, please do leave a comment and let me know how I did :) Her world crashed down around her in a roar of flame. Her heart broken, her home destroyed, Siobhan has been taken to a land she doesn't know by a man she despises as his captive. But who is really held captive: the heartbroken priestess attracted to her Roman 'master' despite her longing for revenge, or the proud Roman general whose passion for the red-haired priestess from the Isles binds him in chains of longing? When the scions of two proud, ancient houses meet as enemies, what power will passion wield? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NHJQ1RP?pf_rd_p=c2945051-950f-485c-b4df-15aac5223b10&pf_rd_r=7QH575VAS2V66THRMK9Q
Comments
Post a Comment