I have been neglecting you, and I apologize. I am adjusting to yet another work schedule, and trying to find some sort of balance between the work I (have to) do with the work I want to do. It's not working. Please excuse the awful pun. But, all that aside. It's April!! That most beautiful springtime month, month of rain showers, fuzzy green leaf buds, and the first shy violets. (It's also the month of my birthday, which may explain my affinity.) However, it is also National Poetry Month! (Readers know how much I love poetry. New readers will learn.) Carl Sandburg(1878-1967), Illinois poet, folksinger, and biographer of Abraham Lincoln, has always been more admired by the public than by the critics. And that is as he would wish, for he said of himself "I am the people - the mob - the crowd - the mass." Before his death, the former hobo had won almost every prize a writer can receive. In Good Morning, America (1928), he wrote thirty-eight definitions of p...
Comments
Post a Comment