Success is Counted Sweetest...

by those who succeed! (Sorry Emily)

I received word late Friday morning that I have been hired by Hospice of Franklin County as a Human Resource Generalist, O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay! (Sorry Lewis) I don't know when I'll be starting full-time, probably next week. In the meantime, I shall wallow in my success, and leave you with this poem by Emma Lazarus.

Success - Poem by Emma Lazarus

 Oft have I brooded on defeat and pain,
The pathos of the stupid, stumbling throng.
These I ignore to-day and only long
To pour my soul forth in one trumpet strain,
One clear, grief-shattering, triumphant song,
For all the victories of man's high endeavor,
Palm-bearing, laurel deeds that live forever,
The splendor clothing him whose will is strong.
Hast thou beheld the deep, glad eyes of one
Who has persisted and achieved? Rejoice!
On naught diviner shines the all-seeing sun.
Salute him with free heart and choral voice,
'Midst flippant, feeble crowds of spectres wan,
The bold, significant, successful man. 

 

 Image result for emma lazarus

 

https://www.poemhunter.com/poems/success/page-1/27949/ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ellie@Home 2020 Summer Reading List

Beauty for Your September Morning...

Carrying On