Free Fun Fridays in Massachusetts

   Hello and happy June 1! I would wish everyone a happy summer, but technically it's not summer yet, and the view outside my office window is less-than summerish: gray, rainy, windy...actually, it is quite the proper summer-storm type of morning...

   Anyway, June kicks off one of my favorite summertime events: the Highland Street Foundation's Free Fun Fridays. From June 29 to August 31, museums and parks across Massachusetts offer free admission (these are scheduled days; not every Friday). Last year my husband and I visited the Boston Museum of Fine Arts; this year I hope to bring our son along, as he's now old enough to make connections between the history he has learned in school and some of the exhibits (I can see us being in the Egyptian art section for hours...).

   If you are in Massachusetts, or planning to visit, check out the link below and see what kind of offerings are available for a Friday spent browsing a museum or listening to the symphony. You won't be sorry! (And if you normally work Fridays, maybe give yourself a three-day weekend!)


http://highlandstreet.org/programs/free-fun-Fridays

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ellie@Home 2020 Summer Reading List

Beauty for Your September Morning...

Carrying On