Autumn Glory

     I have yet to figure out how to balance work, school, family care, and my writing vocation. Inevitably writing takes a back burner, which hurts my heart. :( I have three weeks left of this semester, a six week winter intersession class, and two 12 week spring classes, and then I will be DONE! and the proud owner of a BA in Creative Writing. (And oh, the irony of being a Creative Writing major: you don't have any time to do any creative writing...) In the meantime I must satisfy myself with hastily-written snippets of stories and poetry, and the occasional essay.
     I tend to be more productive during the fall; it's my absolute favorite season (so much so that I got married November 1, 2009!). I love the colors, the scent of wood smoke and spice, the crisp edge to the mornings and the early twilights. I'm a homebody at heart, and cozying up at home with candles lit and something simmering on the stove is my idea of paradise. On that note, my husband and I celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary earlier this month and took a weekend trip to Rockport Massachusetts. It was a beautiful weekend, sunny and warmish (fifties, anyway), with a salt-kissed breeze coming in over the ocean. We walked all over the town of Rockport admiring the scenery and eating way too much amazing food. I want to go back, preferably right now. Sadly, I am an adult with responsibilities, so I will stay here at my desk and tend to my tasks. I'll soothe my soul with photos from my trip. Care to join me?












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ellie@Home 2020 Summer Reading List

Beauty for Your September Morning...

Carrying On