Summer Reading, Continued

It's been raining rather steadily here for a few days, long enough for me to have made some progress on my stack of summer reading books. Thus far I have finished:

The Peabody Sisters by Megan Marshall (An incredible 20 year's worth of work on a group of sisters that made an enormous impact on education in the nineteenth century.)

Saffron and Brimstone by Elizabeth Hand (I'm buying this one. The stories were GREAT!)

Anam Cara by John O'Donohue (not as moving or thought-provoking as I'd hoped.)

Crow Planet by Lyanda Lynn Haupt (Fascinating. I've always liked crows, but other than looking up and thinking 'oh, look, a crow,' I've never really thought about them. Haupt has encouraged me to look at them--really look at them, that is, in a whole new way.)

I still have a huge pile to work my way through, including a ludicrously decrepit copy of the life of Sir Richard Francis Burton. Can't wait to travel with Sir Richard!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ellie@Home 2020 Summer Reading List

Beauty for Your September Morning...

Carrying On