My TBR is Ridiculous....

    Summer is inching to a close; my classes at UMass open on September 3. Like Liam, I'm beginning to have a case of the back-to-school blues. Puttering around on Goodreads doesn't help: my 'Want to Read' list on Goodreads is 52 pages long. 52! (That's 1038 books, in case you're wondering.) I doubt it will ever get much smaller. For every book I read I add at least two more to my TBR. And now I'm running out of homework-free time! In fact, because I'm an online student, my classes may actually open this Saturday. Boo. (We're usually given a ten day window so that we can access our classes and turn our first homework assignment in on the first official day of class. How does that make sense??) Actually, I can't complain too much. My classes for this fall are Creative Writing and Creative Writing Nonfiction, and I'm almost done with school altogether. One winter intersession class should do it. But let's not count our degree until it's signed, shall we?
     According to Goodreads, I have read 91 books of my goal of 100; not too shabby, I must say. There have actually been more, but I often forget to list the books I read. For instance, I know I've read Jane Eyre and The Dovekeepers at least once this summer, but according to Goodreads I haven't read either of them since last year. Wrong! Plus I read with Liam, and I don't count those books. Currently I am working on Queen Emma and the Vikings: A History of Power, Love, and Greed in 11th-Century England
 Queen Emma: A History of Power, Love, and Greed in 11th-Century England
This is a time period I do not know much about; it's the tail end of the Dark Ages, more or less. Queen Emma was a great-aunt of William the Conqueror, if that gives you some context. When did he claim England? 1066? I think? Politics, intrigue, a strong female leader, and Vikings. What more could I possibly want?
     Here's a taste of what else is on my TBR on Goodreads. (Don't worry, I won't give you the entire 52 page list. If you are interested, however, feel free to follow the link below!)


Poemcrazy: Freeing Your Life with Words by Susan Goldsmith Woolridge
222035


Florence & Giles by John Harding
Florence & Giles


The Journals of Claire Clairmont by Claire Clairmont, ed. Marion K. Stocking & David M. Stocking
The Journals of Claire Clairmont


Fifty Plants That Changed the Course of History by Bill Laws
Fifty Plants That Changed the Course of History


Mrs. Robert E. Lee: The Lady of Arlington by John Perry
Mrs. Robert E. Lee: The Lady of Arlington


First Lady of the Confederacy: Varina Davis's Civil War by Joan E. Cashin







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ellie@Home 2020 Summer Reading List

Beauty for Your September Morning...

Carrying On