Praise to the Farmers

I've been lax about posting this summer, but I am back on the boards! Stop by the SageWoman Magazine Blog to read a bit about the festival of Lughnasadh, the first of the three harvest festivals. And while you're at it, remember to offer thanks where it is due: to the farmers.





Praise to the Farmers: Walking out of my office is like opening an oven. The heat is a wall, strong, searing; there is a scent similar to baking bread rising from the grass that is toasting under the sun's unrelenting rays. My drive home takes me past farms along Route 5 in Deerfield: potatoes, tobacco, and corn growing strong and green despite the heat. We are not exper...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ellie@Home 2020 Summer Reading List

Beauty for Your September Morning...

Carrying On